Skip to main content

शहर से गुज़रते हुए

शहर से गुज़रते हुए देखा कुछ गगन-चुम्बी इमारतें अपनी शोख़ियों पर इतराती थीं किसी गुफ्तगू में मशगूल थीं वो पर मोटर के शोर में आवाज़ें ग़ुम हो जातीं थीं मैं ठिठका सोचा भला सीमेंट की ये मीनारें क्यों हैं यूँ बदगुमान क्या पा लिया इन्होंने जिससे मैं हूँ अनजान ? पूछा क्यों इस तरह अपनी ऊंचाई से तंज कसती हो इंसान का घरौंदा हो  क्या इसलिए ख़ुद को आक़ा समझती हो ? वो मुस्क़ुरा कर बोलीं अकेले ही यूँ बदज़ुबानी ? यहाँ है कौन तुम्हें अपना कहने को ? --- सन्नाटा --- मैंने उस ख़ामोशी में खोजे अपने पुराने साथी  बुलबुल , जुगनू , कोयल   पर सुना तो सिर्फ वो गन-शॉट  और ओट में छुपे कबूतरों की चीखें |  

Days without my toddler

Fun times!
Chaos, confusion and melodrama are an integral part of my daily routine. Running around the house with a morsel in the hand or sometimes just without it, shrill voices erupting in intervals, while trying to hide any trace of a mobile phone or a laptop. This is a common sight at my home. It has become a part of me and how! I only realised when I had a baby-less house for two days. It so happened that both baby and his dad went out of town to meet the extended family and I could not join them due to work commitments. 

As many of you would dread, I too was anxious about having to live without my baby for full two days or three nights to be precise. It was like a part of me would be missing all the while. Will I ever be able to bear the silence the home will have? All such thoughts crammed me up.

Finally when the much dreaded day arrived and I drove from the office to an empty home, I could barely focus on the road. Though a familiar trail, it seemed like a long stretch. I was consumed by the thoughts of an empty nest. And yes it was exactly how I thought it to be.

I actually heard the seconds of the clock tick-tock after a couple of years. That is when I realised how dependant one becomes on their babies. You might gasp at that, but trust me my friend... easier said than done! The little one is certainly dependant on you in every way, but so are you. And not just your mind, but also your soul and even your body. There is a bond which warms your heart. Those little smiles that linger around with you all the time. And the shower of love which keeps you going all day long. Such is the power of that little person! This time without him has made me ponder over so many such things.

Parenting is not just another term it is a way of life. Infact I would say for most people it is easily the only way of life when all other relationships become an extension of this one. Having said that I am certainly of the opinion that nothing or rather none should bind you so much so that it makes you weak. Every single person is an individual and it won't be long before my baby grows up and sets up a new world around himself. That would again be a testing period for me but I hope to keep myself geared up for that.


Share your thoughts if you agree or if you have a different opinion. Would love hear! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

शहर से गुज़रते हुए

शहर से गुज़रते हुए देखा कुछ गगन-चुम्बी इमारतें अपनी शोख़ियों पर इतराती थीं किसी गुफ्तगू में मशगूल थीं वो पर मोटर के शोर में आवाज़ें ग़ुम हो जातीं थीं मैं ठिठका सोचा भला सीमेंट की ये मीनारें क्यों हैं यूँ बदगुमान क्या पा लिया इन्होंने जिससे मैं हूँ अनजान ? पूछा क्यों इस तरह अपनी ऊंचाई से तंज कसती हो इंसान का घरौंदा हो  क्या इसलिए ख़ुद को आक़ा समझती हो ? वो मुस्क़ुरा कर बोलीं अकेले ही यूँ बदज़ुबानी ? यहाँ है कौन तुम्हें अपना कहने को ? --- सन्नाटा --- मैंने उस ख़ामोशी में खोजे अपने पुराने साथी  बुलबुल , जुगनू , कोयल   पर सुना तो सिर्फ वो गन-शॉट  और ओट में छुपे कबूतरों की चीखें |  

The man who made a difference

I will tell you a story – this has all the ingredients of a success. A man could do anything for the love of his life and instead of picking the moon and stars for her, he did something more realistic – Prepared a sanitary napkin for her. What? What could he be thinking? We can talk of anything but this. Shame on him, bet he lost his family over this. Yes, he did, well almost. But he was unrelenting. Shunned by his mother, his wife and his community, he continued. This man was Arunachalam Murugnatham, and he was not some iPhone flashing, suit wearing, top notch. He was the son of handloom workers who went on to do random paltry jobs to run his family. Yes that is true love and that is the thought leadership that we use as a jargon in our air conditioned conference rooms. The man also possess funny bones. In an interview with BBC he says "Luckily I'm not educated. If you act like an illiterate man, your learning will never stop... Being uneducated, you have no fear of the fu...